Motion sickness doesn't just affect humans, but can also be a problem for our animal companions. Although the easy answer to the problem is "don't take your pet for rides in the car," it's not alw ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Veterinary Technician – Full Time or Part Time
Location: Plattsburgh, NY or Westport, NY
Salary Range: Competitive
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is looking for a Veterinary Technician – LVT to join our growing practice. Are you passionate about providing excellent client and patient care? Are you excited about new technology and learning new skills? Do you have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Properly maintain and operate all diagnostic equipment
• Maintain a clean, organized working environment in the exam and diagnostic areas by cleaning tables, mopping and disinfecting area and equipment.
• Ability to properly handle and restrain patients with respiratory or cardiac compromise
• Properly prep and scrub patients for sterile diagnostic procedures
• Monitor patient parameters and notify doctor of potential concerns
• Take proactive role in life-saving techniques including CPR, as necessary
• Properly record patient vitals and trends on anesthesia flow sheet
• Perform patient blood work including hematology
• Proper handling of diagnostic specimens during procedure and facilitating the proper care and transfer to laboratory including accurate request forms and documentation
• Ensure that proper procedures and documentation are followed during deceased patient aftercare
• Client communications according to hospital policy
• Medication administration for in house patients and refill processing for Internal Medicine patients
• Outstanding nurse care
• Ability to place catheters and draw blood from patients with compromised veins(peripheral or jugular).
• Performs other duties assigned
As least one year experience or more working in veterinary medicine as an LVT is required, however, new graduates with great work ethics would be considered.
Please contact Mark R LaFountain - Director of Operations @ 518-566-7387