Licensed Veterinary Technician
Vet Technician · Plattsburgh, New York
This position is eligible for our quarterly profit-sharing bonuses and offers a four day work week!
Plattsburg Animal Hospital is looking for a compassionate Veterinary Technician to join their team! This position can be part-time or full-time.
- Provides compassionate care to patients and clients
- Keeps accurate medical records in accordance hospital policy
- Prepares and maintains the exam rooms and treatment areas
- Performs physical assessments and records observations
- Restrains pets using Fear Free Certified Guidelines (training provided)
- Prepares estimates for procedures and discusses financial commitments with clients
- Explains necessary follow up and homecare instructions
- Stocks clinic treatment area and exams rooms and informs inventory manager when supplies need to be ordered
- Assists the Veterinarian in medical, surgical and dental procedures; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids
- Cares for all surgical materials; keeping the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) or License (LVT)
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is a fast-paced small animal veterinary practice open seven days a week. Our team consists of six veterinarians as well as our wonderful support staff. Services offered at our state of the art, 7,000 square foot facility include: a full in house IDEXX laboratory, after hours emergency services, digital x-rays, ultrasounds, computed-tomography (CT) as well as other medical, surgical and dental care. We have been serving our community for over thirty years and continue to look for ways to improve the lives of our clients and patients. Plattsburgh, NY is located 75 miles south of Montreal, QC, 26 miles west of Burlington, VT, 45 miles northeast of Lake Placid, and 135 miles north of Albany. The city of Plattsburgh is a family friendly community located on beautiful Lake Champlain. To the west of Plattsburgh sits 6.1 million acres of land referred to as the Adirondack Park which includes the famous Adirondack Mountains. Plattsburgh and the surrounding area is a great place for folks who love the outdoors!
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. Afterall, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What do we have to offer?
At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
· Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
· Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage (or opt out incentive)
· Company paid 3% 401(k) contribution
· Generous paid time off to ensure work/life integration
· Employee Referral Award Program
· Company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability
· Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Access to Employee Assistance Programs
· Continuing education time off and reimbursement
· Pet Care discounts for your family pets at our clinics
· Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
· Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
· Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
Employment will require successful completion of references and background check.
arebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/caree...
Associate Veterinarian - $100,000 - $130,000+ / year
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is a busy well-established small animal veterinary practice located 75 miles south of Montreal, QC, 26 miles west of Burlington, VT, 45 miles northeast of Lake Placid, NY, home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics and 135 miles north of Albany, the capital of New York State. The city of Plattsburgh is a safe community located on beautiful Lake Champlain. To the west of Plattsburgh sits 6.1 million acres of land called the Adirondack Park which contains the famous Adirondack Mountains.
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is currently looking for a full-time associate veterinarian to work at our Plattsburgh, NY location. Position consists of (3) 4 day work weeks and (1) 3 day work week. Also required is working a minimum of 2 full weekends at the Plattsburgh 7 day a week facility as part of the 4 day work weeks. Weekend compensation is 25-50% more than weekday compensation based on experience. There is no regular on call responsibility as part of the position, however, there is 9 on call holidays per year to be shared with the other associate veterinarians.
Our Plattsburgh location offers 7 days a week service. Services we offer include a full IDEXX in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, ultra sound, medical, surgical and dental care. Our Plattsburgh location has currently added additional services including Computed Tomography (CT) and Veterinary Endoscopy. Our hospital have been in service for over 30 years and the communities depend on us for our compassionate and progressive approach to veterinary medicine. Being part of a group of two hospitals including Adirondack Veterinary Hospital have allowed us to become the veterinary practices of choice in the area as we have and will continue to look for ways to better serve animal owners and their pets.
This is great opportunity for a seasoned veterinarian or a new graduate looking to gain a lot of experience. Candidate will be surrounded by 5-6 other veterinarians looking to share knowledge and skills as well as be exposed to numerous cases that will help augment their skill set. Our hospital has a large, well established client base and is looking for a veterinarian with a dependable work ethic and a positive, upbeat demeanor. In addition to a well above market base salary, we offer a generous benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision, PTO, retirement plan with company match, continuing education allowance with paid time off. Employee pet care discount as well as all licensing fees required by the veterinarian.
If getting a well above market annual salary around $100-$130k+, having access to advance medical technology, having exposure to unique cases and not having any regular on call responsibilities is of interest to you, contact us today! Let’s talk about what is important to you and how we can accommodate it. Interested candidates including new graduates please email resumes to Mark R LaFountain – Director of Operations to [email protected] or call Mark R LaFountain @ (518) 566-7387 to learn about this wonderful opportunity.
NOTE: Employer will assist with relocation costs.