Veterinary Technician – Full Time or Part Time
Sign On Bonus!! Call For Details
Location: Plattsburgh, NY or Westport, NY
Salary Range: Above Market Average
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is looking for a Veterinary Technician – LVT to join our growing practice. Are you passionate about providing excellent client and patient care? Are you excited
about new technology and learning new skills? Do you have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Properly maintain and operate all diagnostic equipment
• Maintain a clean, organized working environment in the exam and diagnostic areas by cleaning tables, mopping and disinfecting area and equipment.
• Ability to properly handle and restrain patients with respiratory or cardiac compromise
• Properly prep and scrub patients for sterile diagnostic procedures
• Monitor patient parameters and notify doctor of potential concerns
• Take proactive role in life-saving techniques including CPR, as necessary
• Properly record patient vitals and trends on anesthesia flow sheet
• Perform patient blood work including hematology
• Proper handling of diagnostic specimens during procedure and facilitating the proper care and transfer to laboratory including accurate request forms and documentation
• Ensure that proper procedures and documentation are followed during deceased patient aftercare
• Client communications according to hospital policy
• Medication administration for in house patients and refill processing for Internal Medicine patients
• Outstanding nurse care
• Ability to place catheters and draw blood from patients with compromised veins(peripheral or jugular).
• Performs other duties assigned
As least one year experience or more working in veterinary medicine as an LVT is required, however, new graduates with great work ethics would be considered.
Please contact Mark R LaFountain - Director of Operations @ 518-566-7387
Associate Veterinarian - Attention Outdoor Enthusiasts
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is a busy well-established small animal veterinary practice located 75 miles south of Montreal, QC, 26 miles west of Burlington, VT, 45 miles northeast of Lake Placid, NY, home of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics and 135 miles north of Albany, the capital of New York State. The city of Plattsburgh is a safe community located on beautiful Lake Champlain. To the west of Plattsburgh sits 6.1 million acres of land called the Adirondack Park which contains the famous Adirondack Mountains.
Plattsburgh Animal Hospital is currently looking for a full-time associate veterinarian to work at our Plattsburgh, NY location. Position consists of (3) 4 day work weeks and (1) 3 day work week. Also required is working 2 or 3 full weekends at the Plattsburgh 7 day a week facility as part of the 4 day work weeks. There is no regular on call responsibility as part of the position, however, there is 9 on call holidays per year to be shared with the other associate veterinarians.
Our Plattsburgh location offers 7 days a week service. Services we offer include a full IDEXX in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, ultra sound, medical, surgical and dental care. Our Plattsburgh location has currently added additional services including Computed Tomography (CT) and soon Veterinary Laparoscopic Endoscopy. Our hospital have been in service for over 30 years and the communities depend on us for our compassionate and progressive approach to veterinary medicine. Being part of a group of two hospitals including Adirondack Veterinary Hospital have allowed us to become the veterinary practices of choice in the area as we have and will continue to look for ways to better serve animal owners and their pets.
This is great opportunity for a seasoned veterinarian or a new graduate looking to gain a lot of experience. Candidate will be surrounded by 5 other veterinarians looking to share knowledge and skills as well as be exposed to numerous cases that will help augment their skill set. Our hospital has a large, well established client base and is looking for a veterinarian with a dependable work ethic and a positive, upbeat demeanor. In addition to a well above market base salary, we offer a generous benefit package including access to health insurance, PTO, retirement plan with company match, continuing education allowance with paid time off. Employee pet care discount as well as all licensing required by the veterinarian.
If getting a well above market salary around $90 – $100k+, having access to advance medical technology, having exposure to unique cases and not having any regular on call responsibilities is of interest to you, contact us today! Let’s talk about what is important to you and how we can accommodate it. Interested candidates including new graduates please email resumes to Mark R LaFountain – Director of Operations to [email protected] or call Mark R LaFountain @ (518) 566-7387 to learn about this wonderful opportunity.
|NOTE: Employer will assist with relocation costs. |